Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Neeya Naana - behind the scenes

To me television talk shows are the best sort of programming. I am tired of listening to interviews with film actors and actresses. They only talk about their movies which have all come and gone. There is nothing to interest you unless you like to watch people dressed in good clothes and nothing else. I have been a keen follower of English talk shows but there are very few intelligent ones on our television. Generally if they are not talking about politics then our shows talk about crime. After a while both these topics get very boring. I saw a program called Neeya Naana on Vijay TV and frankly it was very good viewing.  The anchor was good as he was able to support both sides in what appeared to be a debate between two angry mobs. The few episodes that I watched were all thought provoking and the conversation was lively. Now I have come to know that it is somewhat manipulated but even then it was good to watch. I always wondered how the anchors in talk shows are so well informed and it's only now that I realise that there is a whole battery of people to support those who are in front of the camera. Research work is done well before the show and in some cases even the participants are coached on what to say. Still I am thankful for the program and I hope I see more interesting episodes.

Ramachandran, Chennai

The above referenced video can be seen at:


No comments:

Post a Comment